This recipe is one of the delicacies you will surely love. This is probably one of the most famous Indian recipes and the sheer amount of butter used in this will remind you of Punjabi food ! 🙂 While most of us now have been trying really hard to eat healthy food, there are days when you can cheat your diet plan and relish some delicious Butter Chicken. And if you manage to get this on the menu for a dinner at home, you are going to be a Rock-star !!
I always end up making less than planned quantity of butter chicken as half of the tikkas make way to people’s tummy instead of the curry !! So, I would recommend you to always factor that when planning to make this dish. 😉
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 500 gms Roasted Chicken Tikka (Find recipe here)
- 75 gm white butter
- 1/2 tsp black cumin seeds
- 1/2 kg tomato, pureed
- 2 inch ginger, julienned
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 100 gm fresh cream
- 2-3 green chillies, sliced
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi), crushed
- Roast chicken tikka and keep it aside.
- For the curry, heat 50gm of white butter in pan. Add the ginger strips and saute for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the tomato puree, and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add cumin seeds, sugar, red chili powder, salt and mix.
- Add the roasted chicken, remaining butter, fresh cream, green chilies and the fenugreek leaves. Saute for 3-4 minutes and cover and close for another 5 minutes. Serve hot with rice or tandoori roti !