I was in office when my phone beeped. It was a pic he had sent which said precisely this.
So without further delay I got to task. I ordered some tofu, yeast and some fresh veggies and I can actually claim it was one of the best and healthiest pizzas I have ever had. I made this pizza from scratch and yes I even made the sauce 🙂 and I didn’t miss cheese. I swear!
Makes around 8 thin crust pizzas (10″ diameter)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pizza sauce (Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan, add 10 cloves of crushed garlic and saute, add 6 mashed/pureed tomatoes along with some basil leaves.Reduce the sauce over medium heat.)
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the flour and salt.
- Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture and mix well.
- Knead till it comes together as a soft ball (refer picture).
- Roll it into a 10″ circle.
- Transfer to a greased pizza pan, stretching to edges.
- Cover with sauce ( I made it on my own) and desired topping (I used tofu, capsicum, onion) .
- Bake at 200 degrees for 15 minutes in convection mode of the microwave or until edges are golden.
- Sprinkle red chili flakes and oregano.
Doesn’t this look tempting? I can’t tell you how hard it was to hold him back from eating this before I clicked a picture !!
P.S. – Catch us first on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/peptheparty/