Here’s another Healthy Party Food recipe owing to my pledge to come up with healthier food ideas for this Party season. Well, honestly when I thought of coming up with healthier ideas, I bought 4 bunches of Spinach without putting much thought to it. So with so much Spinach in my hand, I came up with another Spinach recipe, which I call Popeye Spinach Egg Muffins.
While I was standing in the kitchen and wondering what to make, I had a rush telling me to ditch “healthy” and make some nice chocolate cupcakes 😉 . My taste buds had convinced me enough and I took out my cupcake tins, eggs, butter, flour and sugar. That’s exactly when my phone beeped. It was a text from him which read, “5 km run tomorrow. Interested?” It was enough to remind me of my pledge of staying healthy. I put the sugar and flour aside and started beating the eggs. Chopped some veggies, lined the tins, filled them with “healthy things” and baked them until golden and fluffy.
The way these muffins came out was an amazing sight and they tasted even better. I knew I had found another healthy recipe to be put up on the blog. Hope you relish is as much as I did !
- 2 cups spinach blanched and chopped
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- grated cheese for garnish (optional)
- Red Chili Flakes to sprinkle
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Line the muffin tray/cupcake tins and layer with onion, tomato and spinach.
- Whisk all the eggs together (the way it’s done for an omelet). Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg in the tins and sprinkle some chili flakes. Top it up with some grated cheese (i used mozzarella).
- Bake in convection mode of microwave at 200 degrees for about 20-25 minutes (It may vary for different microwaves. I have an IFB one). You can bake in the regular oven as well.