Well officially summer is over but it is still quite hot and humid in so many places in India. And while I am looking forward to some winter barbecues, I couldn’t help realizing I needed my bit of coolness and so I made this Mango Mint Ice Tea.This recipe is from a baking workshop I attended where it was served as a refreshment and it was just that glass you want to hold onto after a long, tiring day. It tastes much better than the “ready to mix” ice tea sachets sold in the market and is super easy to make. I used mango drinks instead of pure mango puree which makes this drink quite convenient to make whenever you wish!
- Tea of your choice ( I used Tata Tea Gold)
- Mango Drink (Frooti or Maaza in case real mango puree is not present)
- Mint Leaves (I infused them in ice cubes)
- Boil the tea in water and brew it till the water turns brown. Remove it from heat and let it cool completely.
- Mix the tea liquor with Mango Drink in 1:1 ratio and chill (You can add more tea or mango extract depending on the variety of tea or mango you are using. I used 1:1 for Tata Tea mixed with Frooti).
- Garnish with mint leaves and ice cubes.
P.S. – Please share as much as you may like ! 🙂