Those super sunny days and hot summer winds,
My laced, frilly frock dancing on the swings;
The chilled water from the wells, early morning temple bells;
Folding old newspapers into little fans,
Holding hands in the fields we ran;
Granny’s sweet and sour mango pickle,
Made our little tummies tickle;
But nothing else could be a better soother,
Than Mom’s special Aam Panna cooler !
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Serves – 4
- Raw Mango – 250 gms
- Water – 2 cups
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Black Salt – 2 tbsp or as per taste
Step 1: Cut off the tip of the raw mangoes, wash and pressure cook them. 2-3 whistles are good enough for the mango to cook. Drain the water and let the mangoes cool.
Step 2: Peel the mango and separate the pulp from the seed. Grind it into a small paste with some water and then mix it with all the other ingredients.
Serve it chilled with some ice cubes!
- You can replace water by drinking soda to add fizz to your drink.
- You can also make a concentrated form and mix it with some water/soda whenever you wish to serve. It stays good for a week in the refrigerator.
- Try taking a bottle of Aam Panna instead of wine as a gift for the next party. It will surely win some hearts. 😀
This recipe is really close to my heart! Hope you guys enjoy this as well 🙂